Reducing medical overuse is a long-term proposition. It requires us to challenge our long-held beliefs and practices regarding tests, medications and treatments, and discuss their potential for harm. It involves examining trusted, reliable data about overused services and making sense of the story they tell. And it necessitates new approaches to what were once
- What does “care teams taking ownership” look like?
- Top 10 strategies to promote sense-making conversations about reducing medical overuse
- Why are sense-making conversations at the heart of our framework?
- What are sense-making conversations?
- We are partnering with three health care organizations to implement the Taking Action on Overuse Framework