Set aside time and space for discussions about overuse
1. Devote a medical staff case conference, morbidity & mortality conference or medical grand rounds to a specific example of how overuse led to patient harm
2. Incorporate stories and strategies for reducing overuse into existing staff meetings, nursing rounds or
- Lessons Learned from the Taking Action on Overuse Project Across Three Partner Sites
- What does “care teams taking ownership” look like?
- Top 10 strategies to promote sense-making conversations about reducing medical overuse
- Why are sense-making conversations at the heart of our framework?
- What are sense-making conversations?